1. Learn to read and understand customer complaints or requests; diagnose and notify service advisor. Report additional work and await authorization.
2. Assist in completion of authorized repairs in accordance with manufacturer and company while under supervision of Technician and/or Shop Foreman.
3. Raise vehicle after completion and ensure oil is full, oil filter and drain plugs are tight and that all excess oil has been removed from under the carriage.
4. Top-off all fluids and check tire pressure on all vehicles. Reset maintenance light.
5. Perform and complete vehicle inspection worksheet; check all light bulbs.
6. Write vehicle mileage and update license plate information on hard copy of repair order
7. Learn how to request and obtain required parts from the parts department, return used parts to customer, parts department, or discard. Learn disposal regulations of all hazardous waste per OSHA guidelines.
8. Learn to road test vehicles as needed to diagnose or verify completion of job.
9. Learn how to properly document time sheets, inspection sheets, document work order, and other forms per company, state, manufacturer or federal regulations/procedures.
10. Learn how to utilize computer to remain up-to-date on manufacturer recalls and/or technical data.
11. Complete training required set by the manager.
12. Maintain a clean and neat work area. Perform daily inspections of your work area.
1. High School Diploma
2. 1-2 years’ experience in a customer service orientated environment preferred
3. Can adapt and embrace change with an internal and external customer centric mindset
4. Act as an advocate for teammates and have a strong commitment to technology advancement
5. Possesses effective communication skills: oral, written, listening.
6. Works well with customers, promotes a positive image of the company, strives to solve issues raised by customers.