Under supervision of Technician, repairs vehicles in an efficient, ethical manner with customer satisfaction as first priority. Responsible for continuing training via ASE and manufacturer-sponsored schools. Must achieve ASE certification in at least six (6) areas within first two (2) years of employment, while progressing in manufacturer-sponsored training at a rate acceptable to the Service Manager.
1. Read and understand customer complaints or requests; diagnose and advise appropriate party of findings; complete all authorized repairs in accordance with proficiency level as determined by Technician and/or Shop Foreman.
2. Report additional work to Service Advisor.
3. Return used parts to customer, parts department or discard (as situation warrants).
4. Road test vehicles as needed to diagnose or verify completion of job.
5. Document work orders, time sheets, inspection sheets or other pertinent forms per company, state, manufacturer or federal regulations/procedures.
6. Read Technician service bulletins and utilize computer to remain up-to-date on manufacturer recalls and/or technical data.
7. Follow instructions given by Senior Technicians assigned to your training.
8. Make himself/herself available to other technicians for assistance as needed.
9. Ensure compliance with all safety and OSHA regulations that pertain to your job and have been instructed to you through “Right to Know” and safety training at your store. Perform DAILY inspections of your work area. At no time is it permissible to use or store a secondary container containing ANY substance without a proper Hazard Warning label adhered to the bottle.
- Customer centric mind set
- Must be flexible and adaptable in an ever-changing work environment
- Passionate about learning and technology
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran